A restored stone 18th century former silkworm farm in the heart of the little hamlet of La Chabanne, near Chirols, Vals les Bains, Antraigues sur Volane and Aubenas.
This accommodation combines a traditional character with a contemporary feel: old chestnut beams, dressed stone windows and traditional furniture are juxtaposed with a waxed concrete floor, metal staircase and aluminium door and window frames.
The 75 m² lodge can host up to 5 people and has 2 bedrooms, one with 1 double bed (160 cm) and the other with 2 single beds (90 cm). An Italian shower and a lava stone washbasin have been installed on the main floor and are accessible from both bedrooms.
The lodge also has a pleasant living room with high ceilings that is particularly bright, thanks to its large bay windows looking out over the terrace. It has a kitchenette and a lounge area with a wood-burning stove and a flat-screen TV. Finally, the kitchen, which opens out into the living room, has everything you need for meals: traditional oven, microwave, dishwasher, sink and crockery.
An iron staircase leads up to the walkway with its relaxation area (90 cm bed) and the 40 m² private terrace that offers undisturbed privacy and exceptional views over the surrounding valleys. From the terrace, you can see the 3 valleys and the peaks of the Tanargue Mountains.
The exterior has a table, garden chairs, an electric barbecue and an antique stone sink. You will also enjoy the common flowered garden in addition to your private terrace.
The lodge is close to the Ardèche, Fontaulière and La Bourge rivers, and there are some very picturesque areas nearby for swimming and fishing.
Facilities at the lodge
- Free WIFI
- Coffee maker + kettle
- Coffee maker Senseo
- Washing machine
- Hair dryer
- Walk-in shower
- Garden furniture
- Wood-burning stove (wood included and delivered to your door)
- Electric heating
- Sheets (beds will be made on arrival) and bathroom linen available for hire
- “Do-not-disturb housekeeping at end of stay” available
- Breakfast can be delivered every morning in your lodge (to be arranged on site)
- Private parking in front of the lodge
- Pets allowed with extra charge
- Low season (out school holidays): 3 nights minimum, free day of arrival
- Others seasons and school holidays: Weekly rental, from Saturday to Saturday
- Arrival between 5.00 and 7.00 pm
- Departure before 11.00am
We can suggest our gourmet basket made up of products from our region. It is composed of:
- 1 bottle of wine (rosé, red, white) from the Lablachère cellar
- 1 bottle of mineral water from the Source of Vals Les Bains
- 1 country terrine
- 1 dry sausage
- 1 goat cheese from the region
- 1 bag of nougats or small cakes
- 1 jar of jam of your choice among: plums, apricots, zucchini, apples, figs…
- 1 sachet of natural infusion
- 1 bread stick
Rates and availabilities 2023
From 01/01 to 07/07
From 02/09 to 31/12
From 08/07 to 01/09
|475 € / week
75 € / night
(3 nights minimum, out school holidays)
|850 € / week|
|Options and Extras|
|Tourist tax (2023)||0,90 € / night / person from 18 years old|
|Pets allowed (prior agreement)||10 € / night|
|Gourmet basket of local products||35 € / basket|
|Gourmet hot meal-tray (excluding drinks)||50 € for 2 people
12 € for children from 5 to 12 years old
|Household linen rental
(beds made on arrival, towel, bath mat)
|15 € / person|
|“Do-not-disturb housekeeping” at end of stay||60 €|
|Breakfast delivery (to be arranged on site)||10 € / person|
|Firewood in winter and electricity included in the price
(i.e. the equivalent of 10 € / night included in your stay)
Bookings will be confirmed once a deposit of 30% has been paid.
(non-refundable in the event of cancellation)
Payment may be made by cheque, credit cards, bank transfer or cash.